2021 Fall Leaf Collection- Final Round
Landfill/Transfer Station hours:
Saturdays only from 9:00-5:00 January 1 through March 31
Saturday and Sunday 9:00-5:00 April 1 through December 31
The leaf collection program operates during the months of November and December and consists of 24 full and part time employees including Parks and Grounds personnel.
- Over 14,000 cubic yards of leaves are collected and processed each year.
- Leaves are collected curbside on all Town roads, then transported to the Town Landfill for processing.
Leaf Collection Guidelines:
- The Town will make a minimum of two passes through each street (weather permitting). Additional passes may be made depending on weather and other extenuating factors.
- Rake leaves to the front of your property (adjacent to the street) as soon as possible. Crews and collection schedules vary due to weather conditions.
- Do not block sidewalks or rake leaves into the street.
- Leaves in barrels, plastic bags, cardboard boxed or mixed with branches, sticks, household trash or any foreign matter will not be picked up.
- State law requires leaves to be collected separately from the trash. Do not put leaves in your rubbish or recycling containers as they will not be picked up.
- Residents may bring leaves to the landfill on Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 1st through December 31st (proof of residency required).
The success of the Leaf Collection program is greatly dependent on the weather. Your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.