Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The lottery for the Housing Choice Voucher Program with the City of Hartford Housing Authority begins tomorrow, 2/19, through 2/25:
The City of Hartford Housing Authority, through Imagineers will accept 4,000 pre-applications to be considered for its Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program waiting list through a computer-generated lottery. The voucher program offers rent subsidies to households who meet the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) eligibility guidelines. HCV pre-applications will be available beginning February 19, 2021, at 9:00 am.
You are strongly encouraged to apply using the online HCV pre-application. To access the HCV online pre-application, please go to https://www.waitlistcheck.com/CT2561.
The online application is very easy to use and submit online, however if you are not able to access the online version you can also fill-out a paper HCV pre-application.
You can also get a paper HCV pre-application in one the following ways:
1. You may download the pre-application form at: http://www.cthcvp.org/.
2. The HCV pre-application will also be available in the Hartford Courant newspaper on February 19, 2021. 3. A paper version of the HCV pre-application may also be picked up in person at the City of Hartford, Department of Development Services, Housing Division’s lobby located at 260 Constitution Plaza, first floor, Hartford, CT or at Imagineers’ lobby located at 635 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT February 19, 2021 thru February 25, 2021 from 9:00am until 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.
HCV pre-applications not completed online will be accepted by mail only and must be clearly postmarked no earlier than February 19, 2021 and no later than February 25, 2021. No application will be accepted by email, hand delivery, or by fax. Envelopes postmarked before February 19, 2021 and after February 25, 2021 will be rejected.
The HCV pre-application form will detail the specifics of where to mail the pre-application form.
• Only one pre-application per family will be accepted. An applicant who applies as the head of household and is listed as a cohead or spouse on another application will result in a duplicate application and will be rejected.
• All pre-applications must be completely filled out and legible in order to be considered for the lottery selection.
• You will need the following information to fill out the form: names, social security numbers, birthdates and income information for everyone in the household.
• Applicants do not need to rush to apply as this wait list is not on a first-come, first-served basis. All pre-applicants will have an equal opportunity of being selected. The waiting list will close on February 25, 2021.
• Only those selected through the computer-generated lottery will be notified in writing by April 30, 2021. The HCV pre-application form will also appear in multiple area newspapers, Hartford libraries, community service agencies, as well as website: https://www.imagineersllc.com/program_management.asp