The MDC will be holding their annual household hazardous waste collection for Newington residents and residents of MDC participating towns at the Newington Highway Garage (281 Milk Lane off Fenn Rd) on August 15th from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please see special guidelines below before attending the event.
COVID-19 protocols when attending an MDC Household Hazardous Waste collection:
• Limit ONE person per vehicle.
• YOU MUST REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES.
• Keep your windows rolled up.
• Be ready to place driver’s license against window for proof of residency.
• Place only the waste items you want removed in the trunk of your vehicle. Remove all other items.
• Workers will remove the contents and will be in full safety gear.
• Fuel containers will not be emptied and returned due to COVID-19.