Please note that the skatepark will be closed during inclement weather, if surface and equipment are wet, when repairs need to be made, and during scheduled Parks and Recreation programs taking place at the skatepark. The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close the skatepark during other times for any reason.
Skatepark is open to:
- BMX Bikes
- In-Line Skates
To report equipment and surface problems, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at 860-665-8666.
Please be considerate of fellow users, particularly those younger and less skilled.
This park is an unsupervised facility. You must follow the safety guidelines below. Failure to conform to the posted guidelines will result in permanent ban from the park.
- Helmets, protective pads and proper footwear are required.
- Inspect park equipment and surface for damage prior to use. Do not use if hazards exist.
- Park will be closed during inclement weather or if surface and equipment are wet.
- This is an alcohol and smoke-free skatepark.
- Headphones are not to be used inside the skatepark.
- Inverted moves are not allowed.
- Profanity, reckless behavior, bullying, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Personally owned ramps, boxes and other devices are prohibited.
- All other Newington park rules and regulations apply.
- Loitering in the park is not permitted after dusk or when the park is closed for any other reason.
- No modification of equipment, ramps, etc. is allowed.
- Boom boxes may be used at skatepark, if; Music is appropriate for all ages, Volume is kept to a minimum, Music does not contain profanity.
- All hard and sharp objects must be removed from pockets.
- The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close the skatepark during other times for any reason.