Filing Period is between February 1st and May 15th
A tax relief program for elderly and totally disabled persons who meet certain income parameters is available to those who qualify. Once a person is approved for a tax credit, he must submit an application on a biennial basis. Under the property tax credit program an applicant must, as of the October 1st assessment date:
- Be a Connecticut Resident
- Record owner or hold a life use, both on October 1st
- Be 65 years of age as of December 31st preceding the date in which you file an application for tax relief
- Your income for 2022 cannot exceed $49,100 if married, or $40,300 if single. Income includes both taxable and non-taxable; including Social Security. If you file a federal income tax return, a copy must be submitted with the application along with your 2022 Social Security 1099 statement.
- Be receiving permanent total disability benefits