Do I Have to Re-Register if I Move or Change My Name?

If you move into Newington from another town in Connecticut or from another state, you must re-register. Voter registration does not carry over between towns or states. If you move within Newington or if you change your name, you do not need to re-register, but you do need to complete a new voter registration card with the name and/or address change to inform us of such change. This can be done in person, by downloading a voter registration card from our website and mailed into the Registrar’s of Voters office or online at Online Voter Registration System.