Medication Collection and Disposal Drop Box
The Newington Police Department now has a Medication Collection and Disposal Drop Box located in the lobby of the police department. This drop box allows for town residents to dispose their unused prescription drugs in the safest way possible. Please read the information provided below on how these items will be accepted.
- Citizens may place their unused medications/drugs into the collection box anonymously.
- Please obliterate personal identifying information on containers before depositing.
- Opened containers of liquid will not be accepted.
- Syringes shall not be placed into the drop box.
- Commercial disposal from medical facilities, doctor/dental offices, veterinarians, etc. is prohibited and is not part of this program.
- No medication or other waste shall be left outside of the drop box.