The Town's Risk Manager works with the Standing Insurance Committee
, the Town's Agent of Record, the Town's insurance carriers, the Employee Health and Safety Committee and the Town Council
in the administration of the Town's property, casualty and liability insurance program. This program consists of:
- Contract review
- Coordination with both claimants and insurance carriers
- Review and approval of invoices for both premiums and self-insured losses
- Review of outstanding claims
- Review of property, vehicle and equipment schedule
- Selection of the Agent of Record every 3 years
- Selection of insurance carriers
- Selection of insurance coverage and deductible levels
- Working to ensure safe and healthy Town facilities, for both employees and the public
Questions regarding the Town's casualty and liability insurance coverage may be directed to Jeff Baron, Director of Administrative Services, in the Office of the Town Manager 860-665-8513.
USI Connecticut (formerly Webster Insurance) is the Town's Agent of Record. The Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) is the primary insurance carrier for workers' compensation, auto liability, general liability and property insurance.