Mill Pond is now available for ice skating as conditions permit. The area closest to Garfield Street has been cleared of snow. Parking is available in the Town Hall Parking lots. There is no fee. Ice skates are not provided; skaters must bring their own skates. For current ice conditions, please call (860) 665-8686. Churchill Park Pond is NOT available for ice skating this winter. Signs are posted when the ice is determined to meet acceptable criteria for skating, however, please be aware that conditions may change. Ice skating is at your own risk and is unsupervised.
Here are some safety guidelines:
- Skate at your own risk and never skate alone. Skating is unsupervised.
- Ice thickness is non consistent. Thin ice may be present near inlets, outlets or bridges due to water currents underneath the ice.
- Beware of ice around partially submerged objects, such as trees, logs, brush, embankments or dam structures.
- Don't congregate in one area.
- Stay away from cracks, seams, pressure ridges, slushy areas and darker areas.
For current ice skating conditions, please call the Parks and Recreation hotline at (860) 665-8686. Again, please remember that ice skating is at your own risk and is unsupervised.