The office of the Town Clerk operates in accordance with the Connecticut General Statutes, Town Charter and Code of Ordinances. The office interacts with State departments and agencies, records documents, maintains and preserves permanent and historical records, and responds to inquiries from the public. The office assumes an official role in the election process, issues various licenses and permits, updates the Code of Ordinances, and acts as Registrar of Vital Statistics.
THE STAFF IS COMMITTED TO:
- Maintain an environment attentive to the highest degree of customer service.
- Provide thorough and timely information with courtesy and respect for our customers.
- Process, maintain and update all records and documents in a timely manner to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Certify the integrity and longevity of all the documents entrusted to our care.
- Guarantee that the Town has accurate and accessible data for future generations.