Town Home
281 Milk Lane - Newington, CT 06111-2242 - Phone: (860) 667-5810

 Town Landfill:

 The Landfill only accepts:

 Residential vegetation waste including:   (Permit Required)

  • Brush                                                    
  • Shrubs
  • Branches

 Recyclables including:  (Proof of Residency Required)                                  

  • Grass
  • Leaves
  • Scrap metal
  • Appliances
  • Propane tanks
  • Motor vehicle batteries
  • Waste oil in sealed containers
  • Electronics
  • Fluorescent Bulbs 
  • Single stream recyclable items

 Regulations Governing Use of the Town's Vegetation Disposal Area:

The Town’s Vegetation Disposal Area is located on Main Street just south of Churchill Park. The vegetation disposal area is restricted to use by Newington residents (excluding those in apartment and condominium complexes) and town government operations, unless approved in writing by the Town Manager. The following regulations apply to all users of this facility.

Residents seeking to dispose of yard vegetative waste at the landfill must display a valid permit. Permits may be obtained at either the Newington Highway Department, (281 Milk Lane M-F 7:00am - 3:30pm) or the Town Clerk's office located in the Town Hall (131 Cedar Street M-F 8:30am - 4:30pm).  Residents must present license and registration of vehicle (registered in the town) to be used when applying for a permit.  Permits shall be affixed to the car windshield in accordance with Town regulations.  At this time there is no charge for permits.  Residents that require the use of an alternate vehicle not registered in the Town of Newington may contact the Sanitation Department @ 860-667-5874 for further information. 
Only yard vegetation waste generated from the resident’s own property shall be disposed of at the site. Anyone found to be disposing of material from other sources will be subject to suspension of their disposal license(s) in accordance with town ordinance (Section 8-39).

Items specifically prohibited for disposal in the vegetation disposal area include household trash, glass, plastic, rubber, metal or any wood debris from construction, remodeling or demolition of structures. Also excluded is cement, asphalt, concrete, stone rubble, or other masonry rubble or soil.

All users of this disposal facility must follow the directives of the attendant(s) at the site and comply with these regulations; failure to do so may result in suspension of their disposal license.

Any person having a complaint, questions, or problem concerning the operation of the vegetation disposal facility should direct such inquires to the Sanitation Division (667-5874).
JAN-MARCH              SATURDAY ONLY             9:00-5:00